Thursday, July 21, 2011

Wednesday, October 1st, 2008


Time Event
6:22a
I went to the rink early yesterday to practice (I wanted to do backspin, and work on spinning CCW just in case the pairs thing works out. Andy says we can mirror on everything but pairs spin we have to pick a direction) but the ice was SO bad, that I gave up after one lap. Sue said there was a church group of 150 earlier- so thats why it was so awful. Danilo still needs to find out if he has time/money for pairs, but it would actually be pretty cheap- Andy charges his regular rate and we split it. I figured he'd charge it each, since it's not like a semi-private, it's a specialized lesson.

LTS went really well. We started with 8 step mohawk, and I don't think I have a bad side anymore. Both sides are about even. That's a HUGE thing. I need to be careful not to do the ISI 3 footwork though! And Even though the entire time I'm thinking "bend" apparently I'm not doing it, because Andy once again told me I look like a "stupid penguin"- so not even a regular one. :( But the mohawk actually seems easier than the inside one- at least until I clip my blades and get too scared to do it. The concept of quickness is going to take a long time though!

Then we did camel spins, and Andy explained it in a way this time that finally made sense. First off- I was rising too early, the bend has to happen until after the 3 turn is finished. (And once again, even though my head is saying 'bend bend bend bend' my leg doesn't always do it) - and then the right shoulder and left hip have to feel like they are pulling together the entire spin, otherwise the leg comes out to the side. My huge loopy inside edge traveling ugly has gone away, and I actually did one well enough to get a "good, that's exactly what I wanted"- though I'm sure it didn't really look like a camel. Still- I was very excited.

No comments: