Thursday, July 21, 2011

Saturday, November 1st, 2008


Time Event
7:31p
Morning sessions work well for me
Today was kind of a mixed bag. I've felt lousy all week, and felt really sick for 90% of today. Just very very dizzy, and a constant headache.

BUT I did get a fantastic skate in! The morning freestyle has been extended to 2 hours and now starts at 7:00 a.m. I decided to wake up early and go at 7, because normally when I skate an hour session I'm only on the ice for 30-40 minutes, due to boot problems, stretching, water breaks, laziness- etc, and I figured this way, I could do 2 hours, and be on the ice for an hour.

Last night I made a CD that starts with Les Mis songs (upbeat ones), transitions to a few RENT songs, then goes into classical music, then a few Shakira songs. It was a fantastic idea- as the Les Mis REALLY woke me up, and got me to skate fast.

So I was on the ice at 7:00, did some laps, some progressive style crossovers and really got my blood pumping. I ran through moves, I ran spins (not so good on the camel, or the backspins, but I did do one backspin that I managed to cross my leg AND pull in my arms. I hate pulling in my arms, they make it go to fast), and at 7:45 I took a few minute break. I skated 45 minutes without stopping. That NEVER happens. My right boot was really pressing into the side of my feet, so I took it off and relaced.

I put my pads on and got back onto the ice and did a few waltz jumps and salchows. The slow ones were okay, but I two footed all the fast ones. I was really freaking out. The pads experiment isn't working. Then I did some sit spins and realize the pads don't extend far enough down my butt. They cover my tailbone and my butt bones, but the painful falls from the sit spin is the side of the upper thigh.

I ended up leaving the rink at 8:20, confident that I got a full hour in on the ice. I went home and took a nap until 10, and woke up really really sick. Was supposed to go sew synchro dresses today, so am very disappointed in myself for not going, especially since I'm busy next Saturday, and time is getting tight. (Though the dresses are getting there, and looking mostly good)

I'm thinking I want to start another program. I watched my two youtube programs and could not believe how SLOW I was in the first one. Granted I'd only been skating a year, but it was pathetic. Sadly though, I think my spiral is actually lower now then it was then, but the spiral was so slow I'm not sure how I managed to balance! I just need to find music- and that part is never easy. (I wish I could keep the Pocahantas music, but politics...)

No comments: