Thursday, July 21, 2011

Wednesday, March 12th, 2008


Time Event
9:43p
I hurt.


My legs are super sore from yesterdays private lesson (lots of spirals and stretching) and my knee hurts from that too (I end my routine in a lunge on my knee). Thankfully it's not the knee pain that's kept me off ice- it's an actual bruise.

Synchro was weird today. It wasn't a good practice. I was a mess, the team was a mess- but I left really glad to have been at synchro.

I took a dive during a pass through today. Usually I just dip instead of lunge through our lunge/spiral passthrough and this time I decided I was going to go for the lunge. Halfway down into the lunge I realized that the hands of the people I was going under were too low, and I was going to get clotheslined, so I need to dip instead. Well trying to dip while in a lunge turned into catching the front AND back toepicks and diving. As I started falling I realized if I kept falling the way I was I'd knock a spiraller (is that a word) down, so I skinnied (another made up word) my body together so it really did look like I was diving and kind of turned sideways. I fell hard on my side, it really hurt and kind of pulled my neck (which is now sore) got up as fast as I could so I would be back in place for the next pass through. I consider the fall to be a great success. 1) I fell. I hate falling and I didn't die thus falling is okay. 2) I didn't knock anyone down. Very important in synchro. 3) I got back up and got back with the program. Honestly something that I needed to "practice" before the competition. After the music stopped my legs were shaking like mad. Apparently they didn't get my brain's message that I was okay. Just like they didn't get the message at the test that I wasn't nervous. Still it wasn't a great time during the program to fall, and I did okay. And the people who actually saw it said it was a hysterical fall- so I provided some entertainment. Glad to be of service.


But really my skating was bad tonight. Thriller was just eh, but in the Latin program I feel lost. In Thriller I don't really have to think about what's next, I just have to do it. In Latin, I spend the whole pinwheel trying to remember where we go after it.

see locked entry for rant. (oops sorry blogger folks, I'm not transfering any locked livejournal entries)

No comments: