Thursday, July 21, 2011

January 11, 2008

2:45p
Winter skating update
Want to know the last time I skated. The week before Christmas. I am so scared to hit the ice again, because it has been so long, I know I'm going to stink.

Christmas was nice and quiet, and then we left for our cruise. The San Diego zoo was wonderful, the cruise to Mexico fantastic, and now I am back in cold Iowa. The vacation was a laundry list of "broken Jessi" though none of it got in the way. All the walking in SD made it so that I could barely walk by the the 3rd day of the vacation, and the first day of the cruise- my calves were so tight. When that cleared up I woke up with a crick in my neck that made it impossible to turn to the right. A fantastic massage on the beach took care of that, and I could turn most of the way without pain. Then my knees started hurting. They still hurt- which is why I'm not skating today.

The rink schedule changed, and I knew it was going to and emailed my coach about the problems this would bring to my lesson time. He said he didn't think it was going to change, and it wasn't a problem. Well, it did change- and my lesson was moved to a time during which I have sychro. So I've emailed him that it won't work, and I'm not sure what's going to happen next. I gave him a bunch of other times I can do it- but I'm not sure he has any of them open. He'll probably suggest tuesday after LTS, which I don't want to do because it is useless for me to have a private lesson immediatly following a group lesson. Of course, since that session is shorter now anyhow, he might not have the time. Hopefully I'll be able to find a time, or else I'll either have to stop lessons until one opens up or find a new coach. That seems a bit daunting really. So hopefully a lesson will open up.

No comments: