Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thursday, June 5th, 2008


Time Event
8:19a
Synchro moves practice

After a month off, synchro started back with power/skills for the summer. Only 3 people came :( but it was good to work on.

We started with stroking and chasses around the rink. Apparently I don't move my body with my leg for the chasses so I'm not generating any power. Once I made that correction it was too scary to lift up my leg. Guess I got some power :)

Then we moved on to cross rolls. The forward ones are getting better. I can make it all the way down the rink without running out of speed- but I'm not getting faster as I go. Coach said I need to set my foot down more perpendicular, so I'll work on that. Backward ones were just awful. This is only my second time trying them- and I wasn't even trying them on a lobe so much, but just getting my foot down and then being able to push. Even holding onto the coaches hand there was only two or three times where she said I had the motion right- but no movement at all. (So if I ever manage to pass bronze moves- silver moves will be years and years away.)

Then we did forward power circles. It took awhile for me to be confident in doing this- even on my good side. On my week side she said that I'm not shifting my weight when I cross- and not having a big enough cross, so by not trusting myself I'm preventing building up any power. Not trusting myself is exactly what was happening there. Backward ones went much better- but I lose my second push on the fastest ones. Then we did these at hands- and being on the back end of that was SCARY. I had to let go because I thought i'd die. Middle and Front were okay and doable.

Worked on the PB 3-turn pattern and it was just infuriating. I've done this move. I LIKED this move, and I've passed it. I COULD NOT do the first 3 turn. I just froze up and was scared to death of turning. If I did the second one, did the crossovers then I could do the next lobe of them- but starting the move- I freaked out everytime. I have no idea where this 3 turn fear came from. I've never been good at them, but never freaked out like this. I was not pleased.

Then 5-step mohawk. That was fine, I guess. I always do the slip step too early.

No comments: