Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thursday, June 19th, 2008


Time Event
4:35p
Stupid tailbone STILL hurts. Usually it's not too bad, just a short sharp pain if I accidentally lean back (but I can sit normally), however, I was doing situps today, and instead of rolling to my side to get up, I rolled up through my back onto my feet like I used to do. It's been 40 minutes and my tailbone is still screaming at me for that. My goodness it hurt. So I guess it's not actually getting better. I don't know if it's bruised or broken, but I'm not going to go to the doctor. When I fell on my rib I went because we were worried about my appendix, but even then she didn't x-ray to see if it was broken- same thing here. Even if it's broken there's nothing she can do. I'm debating getting a tailbone pad. The skating safe ones are $50 which is a ton of money, but the only thin ones I can find. My backside is big enough- I don't really want a huge pad shoved there too. I don't know if my vanity can handle a pad, but I don't think my tailbone can handle another fall...

Skating this week:
Monday- didn't go because of flooding and worry about no hospital access in case of a fall.

Tuesday- Taught LTS, took class, and practiced. This was the worst set of LTS classes I've had, but Jessie and I were going crazy, the kids would just not listen to anything we said. Unfortunately, the theme kind of continued into my lesson. During my lesson we were to test FS3. I actually passed it back in december, would have been able to pass it a month ago, but now thanks to my ever getting worse blades of suckitude, I can't do it. I told Andy that, and the other adult also said she wasn't ready to test, so just test the one kid skater (who is way beyond that level anyhow) and then go on with class. Nope- he wants us to test. I really suck on the swing rolls, falling off the edge towards the end of each and not getting much swing. I can't do the back inside 3 turns, and I am terrified of the backspin. And honestly, to some extent I wasn't trying. I have had bad fall after bad fall this month and on some things I've given up because I don't want to hurt myself. Once the blades come in, I'll pick it back up. I had the backspin down last month. I know I can do it, just not right now. I really hope he doesn't think I have a bad attitude or am lazy, because I left class kind of feeling that way, but more than anything right now I'm just scared.

My own practice went really well. Did all the moves, even power 3s :). Worked on progressives, and they are definetly getting better. Worked on forward spins and it was great fun. I can keep spinning in my lean back position, though I'm sure my leg is fugly! I can also do 2 revolutions in camel, and then come up into a scratch spin, instead of just stopping. Adding that nice scratch onto the end is definetly an accomplishment.


Wednesday- Synchro. The whole team (who came) was having a bit of a lazy day, but we still did a good amount. Forward stroking my legs were not working, I was exhausted. Then we did some 3 turns (PB pattern) and the outside (? I mix these up- the first one) going my bad way was just terrible, I was so scared, but the 2nd one I was doing just fine. I thought I was getting nice extension on my good side. Then Brianna had us do 3 turns with side toe hops. Then we worked on the step behind, tap toe hop thingy in thriller. I think a lot of people don't like that, but I'll hop around on my toe picks all she wants if it means I don't have to do a CCW turn. The most fun was working on a new spiral move. We swizzled in a choo-choo train line, then did a forward spiral (on a flat), dropped hands and curved the edgee to hook back up spiraling going in a perpendicular direction. Very cool. Then we worked on crossovers and Brianna told me that my pick foot up crossovers made it look like I was falling each step (oops... I thought that was a nice 2nd push...) but that my progressives are looking very natural. Guess that's a good thing.

Thursday- Meant to skate but work was exhausting, so I didn't.


Did I post about my new blades? Stupid rink ordered them by boot size instead of blade size. So when I wrote 8.5" on the form, they thought that was my shoe size. Why would you order a blade by shoe size? Multiple blades fit onto each size boot. (For example 8.25 is ideal for the size boot I have, but I think I'm going to go up a size and 8.5 fits, so that's why I want it). That's what happens when the manager isn't a skater. So now I'm playing the waiting game and enjoying my pink blades. (The green wipes off for some reason, the pink doesn't.)

No comments: