Thursday, July 21, 2011

New Paramounts! July 27, 2008

Look what was waiting for me when I got home from New Jersey!


Paramount Blades



I head to CR to have them mounted this afternoon! I took the old blades off last night and water proofed them. It, unfortuntaley, looks like I'll be needing new boots somewhat soon. When I removed the blades it became apparent that the previous owner had never waterproofed them. The sole on the left boot is black under the front blade plate, and getting there under the right blade plate. Here's hoping the mounter can at least get these on and I can get another 6 months out of them (crosses fingers hopefully.) The uppers aren't at all broken down, and the messed up soles hadn't affected the other blades... so we'll see.

On the annoying side, SkatesUS called me Thursday to make sure I had recieved them (I hadn't- we called home from NJ to check). Apparently when I ordered them last Monday, they asked Paramount to 2-day mail them to me, which they didn't. So they overnighted them Thursday. It's kind of moot since I was on vacation, but if I had gotten them on time I could have had them mounted while I was gone. The woman doing them doesn't think it will take more than a day though, so hopefully I don't miss skating Tuesday.

I'm super nervous about skating on them.... but adjusting to the gold seals wasn't so bad. It took awhile to spin and to do toe jumps, but everything else was the same or better.


Also- the toe pick isn't that bad at all, but it's straight cut again. And they weight 3 ounces each less than the Gold Seals.

No comments: