Thursday, July 21, 2011

Tuesday, July 1st, 2008


Time Event
7:07p
Pulled muscles hurt. Fan spirals are HARD.
8:35p
Skating forum post.
I'm being lazy. Because I'm pissed off that skating sucks today, and that I suck at skating.

Pretty lazy skating today. I pulled a muscle in my thigh doing a fan spiral and it hurt bad enough that I didn't stay after LTS to practice.

"Feature" spirals all stink. I worked on fans -can't get close to getting my foot above my hip but the sitting on the back outside edge feels pretty secure on both sides. I'm working on a "diamond" catch foot spiral, on both sides, and I can't get my knee turned out enough to make it pretty. I'm really really trying to arch my back, but am so focused on keeping the weight on my heel, and have so little flexibility it's not going well.

I feel like an airplane on my inside edge forward spirals, but got complimented for having both legs nice and straight, and the instructor didn't say anything about airplane look- so hopefully it's just in my head.

Also worked on backspins. Apparently I'm spinning on the flat. But I feel like under the ball of my foot IS my toepick. It's toepick or tail- I don't have anything in between. Really. And my sharpener actually ground off some of my toepick because there was so little rocker left- so I'm thinking this is an equipment thing. But I got onto the edge for a revolution once or twice, but overall these stunk.

The rink STILL has not returned the blades that they got (for the 8.5 boot, rather than the 8.5" I ordered.) I wrote the general manager a note saying he needs to call Ultima and find out when the new ones would be in. If it's after the 12th I'm canceling, calling Rainbo Sports and getting anything they happen to have in stock. (Yep, that desperate- cross your fingers they have paramounts if it comes to this) If he ignores me and I don't hear from him at all, I'm canceling this weekend. I realize that there was a back order, that the wrong size came in, that there was flooding- it all compounded, but even still this is ridiculous. I ordered them May 20.

Then to make it even better there is absolutely NO way I'm going to be able to test my moves. If I even have new blades and can skate on them, I just don't have enough lessons left before the papers are due. I have to take a week off for a family vacation to the Jersey shore- so I only had 2 lessons in July. Well my coach (with a reasonable excuse) just canceled on me this weekend. So one lesson before the papers are due, and then 3 more before the test. It's just not going to happen. So I think I'm going to stop trying and DH and I are going to go canoeing on the test day.

No comments: