Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thursday, September 18th, 2008


Time Event
7:47p
Skating went really well tonight. I wore my new dress and my coach said it looks cute (but she thought the skirt was too long...)

Lesson was mostly running moves. I'm having trouble getting the backward perimeter crossover stroking fit the ice, I have no underpush on my left side and so it's off pattern and short. I CAN do it- I just really have to remember to think about it and PUSH. Everything else was pretty good. The 3-turns don't feel good, but she says they look fine. My coach doesn't know what the adult standard is (I don't either) but she says that I would have a good chance of passing these moves on pre-juv, so I should be fine for the adult test. (I couldn't pass pre-juv though- not with power pulls and 3s in the field...)

After the 30 minutes I was exhausted- fall down on the ice and go to sleep exhausted. My legs were shaking, but she told me to run the moves one more time. I did, and they were sluggish but I kept going. On the 5-step mohawk, I seriously considered quitting after one side of the pattern ,but I finished it.

Then the GREATEST thing happens. One of the guys who works/skates at our rink and is testing his pre-juv moves next week- came up to me and told me that my mohawks were really good, and he has such a hard time with the 5-step, but that mine looks great, and the mohawks look quick and sharp. And this is based on the pattern where I felt like I was going to collapse!

MY MOHAWKS!! Someone, who knows what they are talking about, complimented MY MOHAWKS.

I'm just floored, and can't believe that what used to be a move I could barely even do is now argueably my best move on the test. (I think landing edges are probably my BEST move, but 5-step is up there now)

No comments: