Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sunday, November 9th, 2008


Time Event
9:24a
Ice Show castings
I didn't go skate yesterday because I was feeling very sick- so this was quite the skate free week- just group class and synchro, no skating on my own.

Anyhow- we got the ice show castings last night. The theme is "Night at the Oscars" and each skater is in two group numbers.
The first group I'm in is the 1940s, and although I don't know who one of the skaters is, it looks like it's all the adults: me, Danilo, Ryne, (and another woman I don't know). I've heard of the coach but never met/seen her.
The other group I'm in is the 1990s- which is a Disney medley- and it's a mixture of kids/teens/ and Ryne is in this group too. There are 12 skaters. The girl who I skate with in my group classes is in this group too- which is exciting, because we kind of convinced each other to do this, so I'm glad we'll get to do it together. And all of the skaters from the club's (2) pair teams are in this number. While I'm way outclassed by the skating in the adult number, I'm most definitely bottom of the barrel in this group (though I don't know 2 of the names). I'm wondering if it was a choice in putting me in this group (which mostly has intermediate-novice level skaters, but one or 2 low level, with doubles, then me) or with teeny kids. Anyhow, Andy is the coach for this group, and he knows how I skate.

I'm excited though. Wish for good weather and clear roads this winter since I'll have to go to CR to practice.

No comments: