Thursday, July 21, 2011

Saturday, October 18th, 2008


Time Event
2:00p
Practice Videos:
Just skated 45 minutes of freestyle today. Now that pairs is not going to happen ( :( but expected) I just really don't care about jumping. My achilles was alright today (and Thursday) but then at a Girl Scout thing I did something getting into my car that made it pop and now it hurts like crazy. I am back to the half Silipos pads for skating, which kind of sucks, but because of an issue at work, I'm not going to be spending money for new ones just yet- need to make sure I'll have the money later! I've decided I'm going to work on Silver moves in earnest. I have a hard time practicing without a goal- so that will be my goal. The camel spin has left me so i'm going to work on that more too.


So today's scratch spin:


Backspin attempts (focusing on exit- the first two were okay, and snapping my hip to cross my leg- the last one was good. The third was a lousy spin, and I had to pause for a second to get out of someone's pattern).


Cross rolls on the short axis- If you read regularly, you'll recall just being able to put my foot down in back has been a HUGE step forward (haha).



and last- a video from last October, and a video from today. This is the forward inside to back outside 3 turn pattern. Quite honestly, its not even a good pattern for right now, but it was alright. But the difference in speed and comfort on the ice is amazing! So I thought I'd post both. This is why I love to video myself. It's fantastic to see improvement, because I expected to watch them and see about the same thing- and Kevin was watching with me, gave me a funny look and said "same thing? there's a huge difference" and even though the pattern still isn't good- he's right, there is a huge difference.

Today:


Last Year:

[sorry blogger folks...the videos are on youtube]

No comments: