Thursday, July 21, 2011

Tuesday, November 25th, 2008


Time Event
9:04p
Went to a freestyle session today because LTS was canceled. Call me a snob, but I don't think rental hockey skates belong on freestyle.

I skated pretty well and really am happy with the new sharpening. I did some great 3 turns. I ripped my brand new under armour pants in kicking myself during a backspin.

Having centering issues for scratch spin from 3 turn, and thought I did some good sit spins but the video disagreed.

I did some waltz jumps and some salchows, and some loops. I was really not happy with my loops, but coach saw one and yelled 'I saw that- great job'- so one must have been good.

Then me and another of my coaches students did the waltz jump things where you jump around each other. She's tiny, and wasn't pulling at all, so it didn't get much speed, but when Courtney was demonstrating, it felt really cool. I kind of want to try that again.

Synchro video was posted to facebook- synchro coach says we actually do go faster than that, but man it looks like we skate like snails- though for the most part the program looks great. I must skate really really slow on my own, because i feel like I fly on the team

No comments: