Thursday, July 21, 2011

Monday, August 4th, 2008


Time Event
4:13p
I want to go to Detroit!
Someone posted on skatingforums about a seminar that Alissa and Amber Czisny are doing for adults in detroit. I want to go SO badly. Alissa Czisny is my favorite skater- and a spin and footwork workshop with her would be a dream. It's well priced too- $80 for four hours.

But I cannot go. I can't even think about it anymore. It's not allowed!

This is why it would be a bad idea:
1) I can't spin on the new blades yet. The seminar would be a complete waste if I don't have a strong scratch and a beginning camel anymore.
2) Detroit is 7-8 hours away. That's a long drive, which means at least one night- maybe 2 in hotels, and probably a day, or at least half off work, plus a lot of gas.
2) MONEY! It's not really $80- that's a trick! It would be $80, plus a private lesson fee (and I bet Alissa charges more than my coach does), plus gas, plus hotel, plus meals... Even at a conservative estimate I could get 20 lessons out of what I would spend on this seminar.


But I wanna go!!!!

No comments: