Thursday, July 21, 2011

Saturday, June 7th, 2008


Time Event
6:06p
Saturday Skating
Today I went to the 8:00 freestyle session and only stayed for 20 minutes. It just wasn't working for me. I was feeling dizzy, unstable, and getting winded after 3 laps or so. I got practice in on forward power crossovers, back crossovers to back outside edges, and a bit on power 3s. I did some crossrolls (getting better), some swing rolls (bad), some progressives, and a few patterns of the Dutch Waltz. I also did a few waltz jumps, and realized that I've lost my salchow.

I came home, at the rest of breakfast (cereal. I had an orange before freestyle, like usual) and went back to the rink for group lesson. Group lesson was with Jessie R and it went well. I haven't taken from her since early last year (I think)- she was impressed with my spins, but it's been so long since she's seen them- they really have improved. Anyhow, I did some good waltz jumps and toe loops. I'm not toe waltzing as badly now, but I still can't get that pull back just right.

We did waltz 3s and mine went well in both directions. Going CW i'm a bit scratchy because I go very fast, I really worked on sitting back so my toepick isn't into the ground. To some extent I think this is a blade issue because I have no rocker left. Going CCW I suprised myself as I did them pretty well and kept the speed of the rest of the class. This is freestyle 1 though, not my freestyle 3 class. It wouldn't be fast enough for moves, but it wasn't from a standstill.

I was pretty worn out at the end of the class, and quite winded. Not doing any aerobic work for 6 months due to my knees has really taken a toll.

I ordered 2 new Jalie patterns today. I'll make a new freestyle dress, and hopefully a dance dress- but I'm going to wait until it looks like I might actually test a dance before I do that.

No comments: