Thursday, July 21, 2011

Saturday, May 24th, 2008


Time Event
4:50p
Dance lesson number 2
Had another Dance lesson. I am so happy I'm doing these. It's exciting to learn a new type of skating and its so much fun to do the semi-privates with one of my friends.

We started by doing swing rolls down the rink, had to hug to wall for a few minutes (as did everyone else in the rink) while the intermediate pairs team ran their new program. No one knows where they are going yet- and MAN do they move fast. (Not to mention- if you get in the way of another skater and accidentally run into each other it sucks but is usually okay. Totally less okay when someone is 8 feet off the ice in a lift...) Then did swing rolls down the otherside of the rink.

I felt like my shoulders were entirely messed up, by got told they were okay. I've always thought my consecutive edges are pretty good, but I just can't get a hang of these. I'm not crossing the axis perpendicular, and I KNOW that I should be, and my edge wobbles right towards the end. :(

Then we did progressives on the circle. They are getting there on the right over left side, and pretty awful on the left over right side. Andy's hockey skate lesson must have done something though because i got complimented on my underpush. I really need to extend on the first push though.

Then we learned the Dutch Waltz. We didn't do it to music, but covered all the steps. I get confused at the end pattern, and always forget to do something. But I think if I just go over the steps a bit more I'll be okay with it. Skating it solo is really difficult. If I push with enough power to fill the ice, I get scared and can't do the next step. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get it, and I can really see why dance makes you a stronger skater.

My knee bend is still really bad, but for dance I'm only lacing 3 hooks and it definetly helps. I really really need to work on toe point though. Having been out of dance for so long, it's just disappeared.

I also had my fushia colored blades today, and got quite a few compliments. :) Sharpies are fun. I'm trying to decide if I should color them another color for Tuesday.

I'm taking a moves lesson on Monday- I haven't worked on those in forever...

No comments: