Thursday, July 21, 2011

Wednesday, July 16th, 2008


Time Event
9:03p
Knees are killing me.

Didn't do anything particularly well tonight. I'm in a bit of a funk I think.

The only thing I truly did badly was back cross rolls. If I manage to get through bronze moves, I'm going to have a lot of time to work on dance, because silver moves are a long way away!

Rink manager took 15 minutes of our practice time (urgh- we were all there early, for this reason, and he waited until it was time for us to get on the ice) to let us know that hockey makes more money for the rink then we do :) November - March we will be starting ice time at 9:00, with a guaranteed ice cut at 8:45. I doubt that cuts going to happen more than 40% of the time. Honestly, if it does, as tired as I'm going to be, 9:00 is fine. He wanted us to take 9:30, but that's just not going to happen. He even told us that we could double our summer time at the same price, if we cut our winter time. He really didn't seem to have thought about the fact that if we don't skate during the winter- we won't be there skating in the summer. And the $80 they make on us after paying our coach is way more than the $10 an hour or so they'd make if they kept it open for a public session in the summer. Really, 9:00 isn't that bad, I'm just happy we'll still have ice. Because even late ice they could sell to hockey. I'm happy they aren't pushing us off entirely.

No comments: