Thursday, July 21, 2011

PASSED! Saturday, September 27th, 2008


Time Event
7:27a
My stomach is quite upset this morning. I'm heading to freeskate right now. Run the test twice- go home. I might sneak in a few spins, but it's going to be about 30 minutes of ice time, just to make sure the 3-turns work today.

Test is at 12:50- I will leave here at about 11:00, so I get to CR about an hour before my warm up. I'm ice monitoring after the test, so I won't be home until like 4:30.


In other news- I found out today that Alissa Czisny won her first Grand Prix of the season. That makes me SO happy. I want her to have a successful season, because she's one of my favorites to watch. It's never fun to watch the favorite crash and burn.

Alright- time to get the skating outfit on... BREATHE jessi...
4:14p
I passed!
Passed Bronze MITF!!! The test felt really good. I did the entire thing without going for a water break (I had been having a hard time getting through it in practice) and although I was pretty nervous, I don't think it showed too much in my legs :) I wasn't NEARLY as nervous as I was for Pre-Bronze, so maybe all the freaking out ahead of time took care of that.

The ice was WEIRD. It was super fast- not the chunked up ice we usually have to push through, which might have been why I never got so out of breathe, but I was prepared for that- but it just felt different. Like you skated on top of it instead of in it. It looked kind of slimy too. Very strange, but it didn't affect it. Also- is an olympic rink shorter than an NHL rink? I kept feeling like my patterns were off and too big. That is NEVER a problem, so it was weird.

The test session ran WAY ahead, so while I was thinking I had about an hour to go, the test chair comes over and tells us to get our skates on, we'd be up soon- that was a bit of unexpected nerves, but I think it was good not to sit and wait. Courtenay came with me and was a big help to keep the nerves down... She taped 3 of the 5 moves (but said she forgot to do the first two) so I'll put those on youtube soon.

Here are the judges comments:
Forward crossovers- 2.5- Nice positions but more knee -- push!
Backward crossovers- 2.5- Again positions good but bend knees
Forward power 3 turns- 2.5- Less toe- more knee. Check 3 more
Landing edges- Ok- little flat/shallow
Five Step Mohawk- edges/ext ok- should flow not step/march

Overall comment- Don't be afraid to use your knees & get speed.


Guess I need to bend my knees ;) The passing average for the test is 2.5- so I was at it for all of them. Kind of sad to see flat on those back edges, because that has always been my most secure move- guess I've been doing it wrong.

I have a locked entry after this. (M- I'll send it to you in an email, since I know you don't have an LJ account)ETA: Sorry blogger folks...no locked entries going public.

No comments: