Thursday, July 21, 2011

Saturday, December 6th, 2008


Time Event
3:15p
Saturday freestyle
Skated for about 45 minutes this morning, and it was a mostly good session. My camel didn't work (kept falling over the toepick) but everything else was alright.

I worked really hard on outside mohawks with a pointed foot. Very difficult! Flexing makes so much more sense to me- but it really sounds like it's only a matter of time before I take that fall. If I'm just doing mohawks then I'm okay, but in the 8 step, it's horrible. Andy also mentioned the extension on step 6/7 (maybe) should only be as high as if my knees stay together, and that also makes it very difficult.

My 3 turns were pretty good today. I'm not at all on pattern, but I was able to do them all. At this point, I'll take that.

Cross rolls and power pulls were okay. I need to lean into the edge. But especially on the back cross roll if I lean I can't cross, and if I cross I cut the lobe short. On the back power pulls I couldn't remember which edge my leg was crossed on and which it was extended on. I tried it both ways and neither was that good, so it didn't help me remember. LOL

My left spiral still sucks, but I'm getting better at doing the arm Andy showed me.

Spins went pretty well. I centered most of my scratch spins, from both a FO 3-turn and a wind up. I'm still riding my toepick to get rid of any speed in the entry of the wind up (drives my coach crazy!). My backspins were alright. I was spinning most of them, and able to cross my leg on a few. Does it have to be crossed for the bronze test?

Sit spins were about what they are for me, which means an outside observer might not know I'm sitting :)

Did waltz jumps, salchows, and loops. I'm such a weeny. Even with the padded shorts I just will not let myself leave the ice. Loops I still do from a standstill, but even a waltz jump I can't get into with much speed.

Danilo told me if I pass Bronze and do adult nationals next year, he'll come to. It's driving distance, so it would be one of the few I go to. I need to talk to Courtney about a program for a test- and then I need a sit spin, a backspin, and another jump... (and lenient judges. This might take me a few tries...)

No comments: