Thursday, July 21, 2011

Monday, April 7th, 2008


Time Event
5:43p
Monday skating
Totally not skating related- have you heard of redbox? They are DVD rental machines, we have them at Hyvee's (grocery store), but apparently they are at lots of McDonald's (I don't go there). Anyway- it's a dollar a night rental. But if you sign up for their emails they have codes for free ones. Right now one of the codes is BREAKROOM so I got a free DVD tonight! Just have to remember to return it tomorrow.

Anyhow skating- Monday freestyle is no more :( The good news is the public doesn't seem to know that yet. Most of the public session left the ice at 4:00 (as I was getting on. Freestyle used to be 4:15) the adult I teach came and asked me saying "everyone out there is professional!" and I told her to ask the desk to see if the schedule had changed. Bummer because her kids skated, and it made practicing camels difficult as they had bug zapper syndrome.

So I started the session with MITF. It went mostly well. I didn't let myself freak out on power 3s after yesterdays turning CCW lesson. Everything is really scratchy though, and my body position on the back outside edge extension where I need to be looking right isn't good. Once the competition is over, I'll get back into moves more seriously.

Then I alternated spins and jumps. Scratch spin went well, backspin is slowly getting to where I can get into it from the RFI edge to LFI edge entry, but I've regressed from where i was with the T-stop. Didn't do any good combo spins! EEK.

Salchow felt good, toe loop okay. Half lutz and half flip still feel kind of stupid. Waltz jumps were better saturday.

I did okay with my footwork (9 step mohawk) and practiced the 8 step too (both ways!) Wow is my bad side way worse than the good one.

Skated about 40 minutes then went to curves for a half workout. It was too much. My knees are really straining now.

No comments: