Thursday, July 21, 2011

Wednesday, November 5th, 2008


Time Event
5:23p
I don't like switching feet!
We did advanced turns last night in group lesson. Brackets, Counters, and Rockers. I didn't have much luck on the rockers (we were doing them CCW though)- the counters the circle was CCW, but the rotation was CW. But all of these turns seem like if I worked through it they'd be easier then a mohawk.

I kept doing counters instead of a bracket (on the circle, on a straight line I was doing the brackets okay). But when we did the brackets on the straight line I realized that I'm really improving. I used to only be able to do them from completely still (essentially in place), now I can give two pushes then do 3 brackets in a row. Yay me! Even though this was the right inside bracket, and I think our synchro one is the left outside, I think synchro must be how my brackets improved, because I haven't been working on them.

It was a fantastic lesson. Very in depth about the edges and such. Afterwards I told Andy I really thought he did a good job, and he said he thinks I might have been the only one who understood it, and that he thinks it might have been over everyone else's head (kids and adult)

Anyhow- I think that it doesn't matter what the turn is, if I get to do it over my right shoulder, it's fine with me.


I'm just so glad we did turns. I've had something going on lately, not cold/flu sick, but something wrong- so I've been back and forth sick, and wasn't going to be able to skate if we did jumps and spins. I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to do synchro tonight, but I'm going to go and see how I feel

No comments: