Thursday, July 21, 2011

Monday, July 14th, 2008


Time Event
4:45p
Blade update
The rink manager emailed me this morning. The blades Jackson told him would be in last Tuesday, are now backordered. He says he's really annoyed with Jackson- yeah, me too. Anyhow, the order is now canceled.

I ordered Paramount 1035s (the "mid-grade" their lowest level blade) today. I got them in Icy Pink from skatesus.com.

Oddly enough, I ordered them from the wrong place. I had two numbers written down and called the wrong one! Skates US had the cheapest price ($230)- but incredibly expensive shipping ($15)- $15. USASkates had slightly more expensive blades ($235) but only $5 handling ("free shipping" LOL), and directly from paramount they were slightly more expensive ($237), but no shipping. I meant to order from paramount. In the end, it comes out to just $8 difference between what the cheapest could have been, and still under what the list price is ($259.99)- but I think this price just exists to be able to be marked down! Still, who calls the wrong place? I'm a huge dork. But Skates US did exhibit at our rink's competition, so I'm glad I called them. I appreciate that they took the time to drive to our rink.

I'm really really hoping shipping will be super fast and I can drop them off in Cedar Rapids before I leave for New Jersey. But my money is on a Saturday afternoon arrival- just after my plane takes off!

There is also a Learn to Teach workshop in Rochester MN that I think I'm going to go to. It's only $35 plus about $50 in gas (400 miles, 30 mpg, which should be low, $4 per gallon, which is also probably low, estimate)

No comments: