Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thursday, September 4th, 2008


Time Event
6:48a
OUCH!
Well, I did something wrong last night, I just have no idea what. My left shoulder- from the neck to the bottom of the shoulder blade is screaming in pain if I lay directly on it (flat on my back) or turn my head (either slightly to the left or extremely to the right). I have no clue what I did, or why this hurts, but it is killer! Sharp stabbing pain, not the dull ache of muscle tightness I normally have.

Anyhow synchro was mostly fun. I'm incredibly frustrated that I still can't do a fast mohawk, or get close on the back lunge.

I had issues with the traveling 3-spoke pinwheel that I'm the center of. First off, I think we are moving too fast in the center, but since unlike a regular pinwheel where you step on your own speed, in the traveling pinwheel you have to move along with the line, I'm not entirely sure the center is controlling the speed- at least I can't figure out how I'd be able to go slower and not snap my wrist off (which is what happens if the line gets ahead or behind me and my arm is not straight.) The other HUGE problem is that my hands are too small to grip the other center skater well enough, and I have no hold. At the end of one of the pinwheels, I broke early because I literally flew off the middle of the pinwheel. Falling off ends makes sense, falling off the middle? I don't know what to do about that. I can't fix my grips, the nerve damage is done, and I can't make my hand bigger to be able to wrap all the way around the other person's arm.

I also had some problems in the straightline footwork where I was getting bent over at the end of the line. I think it was just that I couldn't keep up with the two people on either side of me and so my arms got ahead of the body. I really have to figure out how to fix that.

I'm on the lunge side of the lunge/spiral pass through- and was so terrified I just dipped. But I lunge in Thriller!!! What the heck is going on with me? It just seemed like the gap was too narrow to lunge in.

Wow- that was a lot that was bad, but really, I thought it was mostly fun. I didn't pull any leg muscles this time! We had time to stretch after off ice.

No comments: