Saturday, June 18, 2011

June 27, 2007

6:50a
Show video link at the end.
Lesson today was good. The LTS school is SO small this session- but I finally got my own clipboard! That's because I have my own class. I am teaching a beginner adult. (Notice I say A- there is only one in the class!) She had never skated before. Adults who can barely stand up are SO hard because you don't want to bore or discourage her. But we did tiny marches, and she turned that into a small glide. Then we did some swizzles and of course her one side was stronger than the other and that made it difficult. Then we tried wiggles. The best part though- although she is scared (and tensing up/flailing when she thinks she's going to fall- we need to work on that) she left the wall! And got to the center ice. After LTS she practiced for an hour- so next week we might be able to move on. Thank goodness she's practicing.

So anyhow- because the numbers are low the director told me I could just go ahead and take the freestyle class. Which my coach teaches- so yay! Free lessons. We did mostly crossovers, getting them to an advanced level- and I remember why I don't take groups anymore- about 80% CCW and 20% CW. UM~ if it's going to be unbalanced, I'd rather do it on the BAD side! No wonder they are uneven. But any extra lessons are a good thing.

Now my lesson was good. Focused on the waltz-8 and the 3-turn pattern. My waltz-8 isn't awful anymore. In fact, it's almost good. My 3-turn pattern is alright, but VERY lopsided. The very first 3-turn (right inside? I never know how they are named)- the one on my right foot that starts with the lobe going to the right of me. Is horrible and i can't do it to speed. But my pushes after the 3-turns generate a lot of power, so I have to sacrifice them so I can do the 3-turn! But the whole point of the move is power.

And well, maybe it's a moot point, but after seeing this - I think I should just quit. I'm terrible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT3zIQaYLrc

No comments: