Sunday, June 19, 2011

11-3-2007

10:35a
Power Class
The power class kicked my butt today. We are working on our christmas show routine (ugg..) and it's going pretty well. I think this class, plus working on Bronze moves and doing synchro is really helping my power. I'm at the back of all the lines because I'm "slow" but also because I lead off a few moves, so it has to be someone who remembers the routine. I am now have to TRY not to pass a few of the kids- so apparently I'm not as slow as I was.

At the very end of the class we did 8 full rink figure 8 crossovers and I passed 5 of the kids. Either I'm doing better, or they aren't trying. (I'm thinking they aren't trying- but I am like 4 levels ahead of a few of the kids so I SHOULD be faster than them.)

Now that I can do stroking and crossovers fast, I need to figure out how to do footwork without freaking myself out. Especially turns that go CCW. I can't even do a 2 ft CCW turn at speed.

No comments: