Sunday, June 19, 2011

Passed PB Freeskate 9-22-2007

3:06p
No skating on tuesday this week- did I post that? THere was a hockey game.

Wednesday practice went well- had some really good spins in there, felt really sick though. Didn't skate during synchro but did off ice.

Today edge class went well. We did alternating crossovers- I'm good on forward, not on backward. And spirals on edges- eck. I went back at noon and skated for about 20 minutes to go through the test- I'm without a doubt ready.

However, now I feel like I am going to puke and my legs are shaking like crazy.
I also woke up with an eye infection and will have to test in my glasses since I can't wear contacts. The world is clearly against me.

After this test, it is unlikely I will ever test again. The stress isn't worth it- and I don't need the tests for anything, really, oh well adult nationals, I don't think I'm making it to bronze. I hope I pass today, but it won't suprise me if I don't based on nerves alone. I know I am good enough to do the required moves.
(1 Comment | Comment on this)
6:42p
I'm a PB skater now!
I passed PB Freeskate! No videos this time. It's just not an interesting enough test to bother taping.

For some reason they had 3 judges judge it- and that was kind of strange- when I got off everyone said they saw that and were really confused. They were running pre-pre test 3 at one time. Still, I was glad I got the ice to myself, although it did mean you could hear my scratches.

Overall the test was pretty representative of how I skate. My scratch spin wasn't a scratch spin, just a one foot at ankle spin, but I figured it would be better to do a low level spin well, then ruin a higher spin. Spiral was REALLY slow, but when I did my show program I caught a toe pick and almost fell, and that's how I hurt myself last month, so I figured safe was better than falling on my face. The pre-nerves were apparently a good thing. I felt like I was going to throw up all week. When I got on the ice I was mostly fine, just slightly nervous. My husband said I looked really angry (oops), but that I wasn't looking down the whole time (good).

Judges comments were pretty brief-
Two different jumps:
Judge 1: waltz jump- equal flow in and out, toe loop- not quite fully rotated.
Judge 2: waltz jump- okay, toe loop-okay
Judge 3: T-careful

One Foot Upright Spin
Judge 1: 6 revs- controlled
Judge 2: okay
Judge 3: 6 r on toe (eek! I didn't think it was)

Two Foot Upright Sprin
Judge 1: 6 revs
Judge 2: okay
Judge 3: 4 r (wonder how I got 2 revs less here?)

Forward Crossovers
Judge 1: controlled
Judge 2: okay
Judge 3: okay

Backward Crossovers
Judge 1: steady flow
Judge 2: a bit stiff and scratchy
Judge 3: tenative

Lunge or Spiral
Judge 1: spiral at hip height and steady
Judge 2: okay
Judge 3: 4 seconds- ok position, lacked speed (sure did!)

No comments: