Sunday, June 19, 2011

11-20-2007

7:59p
OH MY GOODNESS!
I just bought a used pair of skates for $50. They are Jackson Competitors size 3D. I currently have Jackson Competitors size 3B. The width is definetly better, but the length of the right one actually feels too short. I asked Burton to bring the stretcher thingy next week.

BUT I decided to take a gamble on them. They have freaking GOLD SEAL blades.

I felt guilty buying them for $50, but Burton says that's really what they wanted to sell them for, he told them what the blades were worth, and they still thought $50 was good. Well, so do I!!!

First stepping onto the ice in them, I could barely skate. It was SO different. After about 10 minutes I did a few 2 foot spins, and a waltz jump. I think I'm going to have to relearn everything. But for $50- that was a gamble I had to take!

HOLY CRAP! I'm SO excited. What an upgrade!

No comments: