Sunday, June 19, 2011

9-1-2007

11:46a
First Power and Edges class
Today was the first power class- man I should have taken one of these before my test- would have been a good view of how I react to stress when skating. I was shaking as badly as when I tested and couldn't bend my knees.

Any how, for completely illogical reasons I was extremely scared and nervous about taking this class. I really shouldn't have been. I'm a perfect level for the kids in the class, definetly not near the bottom.

We focused more on edge quality than power- doing consecutive lobes, and 3 turns for most of the class. I need work on power, but my edge quality is lacking- and there is no sense having power if your positions are bad. This class should be good for me, and really- how is extra time on the ice ever bad?

The only negative- this class just totally embodies the reason I don't usually like group lessons- WAY too much time standing still. But since I'm trading work for class admission, it's worth the price :)

No comments: