Saturday, June 18, 2011

January 14, 2007

7:17p
Sunday Practice
Well first- Friday night I went skating at "Rock and Skate" as part of a girls night out. It was great fun and possibly the worst ice I have ever been on. One of my friends who had never skated was able to do a two-footed spin, a "three turn" (she mostly took off on a flat and then flipped around), and a "waltz jump" (kind of) by the end of the night. I was completely jealous. If she actually tried she'd be a great skater.

So cut to today- Sunday. Horrible practice- not even worth going into much, so I won't. Shin-splints have been really bothering me, I think because I'm redeveloping my calf muscles, but really that wasn't the main problem. But I was dizzy and shaky the whole time. I fell doing backward crossovers after clicking my blades- which wasn't a big deal, but spins were impossible- I felt like I was going to throw up, and almost fell over backwards once. Once I almost fall backwards, my practice is over. My legs turn to jelly and I can't even stroke.

The good- worked on all my edges on a line. I need work on backwards. Did 10 of each of the 8 3-turns. Three of my front ones are getting reliable, even from a few strokes, my back ones are almost happening!

Jumps aren't even worth mentioning, although a few salchows at the wall were not the worst in the world.

No comments: