Saturday, June 18, 2011

February 4, 2007

9:55a
Well that's fun
I emailed Alissa Czisny after nationals to congratulate her. She actually wrote back- and less than a week later.

"Thank you for your encouraging email and for your support of my skating. I wish you the best in your skating and in everything else you do!
Reach for the stars!
Alissa Czisny
Deut. 31:6"

No idea if this is her writing or not, but it doesn't seem she is "big" enough to have peoeple doing her short emails- so I'm quite impressed with her!
(4 Comments | Comment on this)
12:40p
what a waste
Well not a complete waste- I worked 15 minutes straight with the pre-bronze stroking/crossover pattern. That was pretty good exercise, and it was nice to work on it. Then I worked about 10 minutes on edges. My forward outside edges stunk, so I probably need a sharpening. My backward edges were not horrible, though the lobes would only be acceptable if I was 2 feet tall. I really concentrated on where my free foot went during them, which unfortunately meant my head and arms did not work at all- but I tried. Hopefully if Burton has me work on these he will notice that I at least have 1 of the 3 things right, if nothing else.

I worked for a little bit on 3 turns and they all sucked. I couldn't do the backward ones at all. I tried a few jumps, but there were spots of blood all over the ice and I had no interest in falling, so I didn't do many. One spin and I felt like puking so those didn't get any more attention.

I also made "friends" with a little girl while lacing my boots- so that prevented me from doing anything on ice, as she kept coming to chat with me.

So I left after only 30 minutes. I guess that's why I shouldn't talk to anyone at the rink- but the blood was also really gross, and I don't really have a reason for why everything I did just completely stunk.

The new ankle pads were miraculous although they made my ankles sweat like crazy. Since I only skated a short time I hope that is representative of how great they are.

The stretching has helped my boots from compressing at the metatarsal area- so they aren't falling asleep as much. However, when I take them off, my big toes are still completely white- not good. The color comes back quickly, except in a thin line along the side of my toe. I might have to ask Burton if he can punch those out. However, my boots are now laced normally, without skipping holes, because of the stretching!

Lastly, because it is so cold outside, my feet start cold, no matter what I try to do to warm them. And then they just freeze once they are on the ice. I might have to bring my heat gun with me, because the bathroom doesn't have blow dryers, just paper towels.

Oh- and does anyone know where I put my lesson binder? It wasn't in my bag, the car, or at the rink still?

No comments: