Saturday, June 18, 2011

July 28, 2007

:23p
Only skated for about 20 minute today, as I was feeling sick. (The joys of an ice rink 2 minutes from the house and free ice time. Even a short skate isn't wasted money or time. I just wish I got there more often.)

Had the ice completely to myself. I ran through my entire test and it wasn't bad. The ice was horrible so my backward inside edges were a little iffy- but probably still passable. My right inside (I think- the one where you start at the bottom of the 3 for the forward edge and end up at the top of the 3 for the backward edge) still 3-turn stinks on that pattern, and I feel like I need more power. But I'm confident I'll pass if I don't freak out.

Worked on waltz jumps and toe-loops. My legs were really shaky. I'm working out 3 days a week now, so I think I'm not used to that yet. But I really worked on bending before the jump and it went well.

Then I tried backspins the way Jessie showed me at the Tuesday lesson. They worked great on Tuesday, but no dice today. Not a single good one. I did a few forward spins really taking her advice, and my position was bad but the spin centered okay, and that's good.

Did a few backward 3 turns for fun, then came home.

I forgot to practice sit spins.

No comments: