Sunday, June 19, 2011

9-8-2007

10:28a
What is wrong with my skates?
The laces fell of the hooks of my left skate AGAIN today- double knot, still tied tightly. I'm lacing exactly the same way I have since I got them- I don't understand.

Edge/Power class was alright. My back inside edge just stinks- I have no control over it. I can stay on it, but it goes where it wants.

I have no speed in crossovers, backwards or forwards. I'm really quite pathetic.

Ice today was TERRIBLE. It was FREEZING on the rink, the ice was brittle, extremely cut up (no flood after freestyle for LT, I don't think they ever actually scrape)- it was like skating on the ice cubes in my freezer.

Went to curves afterward, had a great workout.

Gave the dress I got off ebay to Burton to give to someone in the club. It was such a cute dress, I'm really annoyed it wasn't an adult medium (it was a child's size. The tag just said medium, so I guess she assumed adult- since children usually say children) The seller gave me a refund, and told me to donate it to another skater. Hopefully Burton will give it to someone- I don't know anyone that size. (When I bought a leotard that was too small in dance, I knew a lot of the girls really well and I just said "anyone want a size small leo?" first girl to say "me" got it and I told her if it didn't fit her to pass it on again)

Oh- not loving the look of the black tights- but my goodness for $1 a pair- I'm so glad I got them, they fit great.

No comments: