Sunday, June 19, 2011

9-5-2007

10:08p
wednesday night recap, then I gotta go shower and to bed.
Okay skating tonight, working backwards from last to beginning-

First off-wow, my boots are starting to smell really really bad- I need to figure out some sort of odor eaters or something to throw into them.

Syncrho- was fantastic tonight. We learned some of the thrilled program and I can do everything except the right to left mohawk, which is of course, at a high speed (the left to right mohawk, which I CAN do is much slower... urgh). I am between strong skaters which really helps. On the traveling circle, I know that I'm one of the weakest links, I don't cut off enough on the short end. On the three spoke pinwheel I'm an outside, and so far it's going okay- sometimes it's REALLY fast, then we rotate each spoke, and I have to turn myself around as we transition into a 2 line pinwheel. I'm the only one who turns, and Brianna looked suprised I was able to do it. yay me? But this weekend I'll really have to practice that mohawk- it is really fast, and that one is really bad.

Lesson- went okay. We started essentially 15 minutes late, so it was a 15 minute lesson :( I had bad salchows, and have GOT to LOOK UP in my waltz jumps. Half flip is getting better, half lutz a little wimpy. My scratch spins are really starting to turn into something, my backspins are still stagnant and yucky.

Club ice- for 30 minutes, plus and extra bit waiting for burton to be ready. Took a while to find out who to pay. The rink is NOT supposed to take money, but they do- so then I had to get it back, and pay the club (will know this for next time). Session is crowded but it's easier to determine where figure skaters are going than insane public skaters- I'm glad I switched. Did all my jumps, salchows were no good, waltz seems to be going somewhere, half flip, half loop are getting bigger, toe loops is okay. Worked on two foot spin. I'm doing it from a wind up on my test, not a glide. I don't care. This is how the spin is better, and that's what I need to do- a good spin. Did some spirals- my leg was LOW. Need to work on that. Worked on brackets- am not entirely sure how they are different from a three turn.

No comments: