Saturday, April 23, 2011

September 2, 2006

2:01p I should have never bought new skates
I really just wasted my money. The only thing they've done for me is make me hate skating. All of the coaches I worked with recommended these ones, and I even tried them on before I bought them. They were definetly the "right" ones. But I really hate them. I can't skate anymore. I have better ankle support and a better blade than I did, but what's the point if I can't even do a stupid snowplow stop? I might as well start over.

I went to the rink today. I really just felt like crying. I only stayed for half an hour (normally when i practice on my own I only stay for an hour) and half way through just felt like crying. I left because it just wasn't fun. I know that once you get the basics you start picking things up slower, but I don't even have the basics anymore. The only thing I can do on these skates are crappy two footed spins (where before I had no two footed spins) even my forward stroking sucks now. I worked on edges and back and forward crossovers. They all look like crap.

No comments: