Wednesday, April 20, 2011

June 23, 2006

4:33p
New Skates
Yep- too big. At least I think they are. It's hard for me to tell. When I wear them and sit flat, my feet don't quite reach the toe and I can move my foot, and I can wiggle my toes around a bit- and pick up my heel.

When I stand I can pick up my heel, but my toes touch the front of the skate.


And man- these things are STIFF.
8:27p
skates
So i still don't know if the skates fit or not.

I feel like an idiot not being able to tell if boots fit.

My left toes touch the front of the boot- I don't know if I could get smaller. My right toes are pretty durn close, but not touching. But there is a lot of room around my toes for me to move them, and on my right foot I can actually scrunch my toes under my foot (if that makes sense). That seems like a lot of movement.

The main thing I amm woried about is I can easily pick up both heels. I think the heels should be staying still. I wonder if that is because the boot is too big, or too wide.

The blades on these are longer than my old blades, so the guards are about 1/4" too short. I'll have to get new guards. That's kind of annoying.


What's really weird is how different they feel on my legs. The left one is very very stiff around my ankle, and the right isn't- but it pinches my ankle bones.

And WOW I can bend my knees so much better in these boots than my old ones.

Only problem is I can only wear them for about 30 minutes before my feet go numb. I wonder what that is about.

So all you boot wearing people- do these things fit?

No comments: