Wednesday, April 20, 2011

August 8, 2006

Skated again
The skates weren't nearly as painful, but I noticed that my right foot is almost tilting towards the inside. I don't know if thats because my skates are completely unsharpened, or if it's because my laces aren't long enough to go all the way up to the top hook.

I paid to have them sharpened, but wanted to leave them for Sergei because I've been told to do that or take them to Cedar Rapids. The guy at the counter said he would take them, but didn't ask for my name, or anything like that. It kind of made me nervous, and I asked him if he had like a ticket or something I got to show I left my skates, and he looked at me like I was crazy. The guy said "do you think someone is going to take them" when I asked. And no, I really don't, but I'd hate to leave $300 skates and then have someone take them and me have no way of proving I left them. SO Kevin is going to take them tomorrow. I'm okay with leaving them for the day, but overnight without any sort of 'check' makes me very nervous. I probably am crazy.

Anyhow skating was okay. I switched to my old skates, which while much roomier in the toe box, I see why they suck now. I also fell really bad because Kevin scared me while I was doing bad side back crossovers, and landed right on my knees and slid across the ice on my forearms. I have beautiful red scratches down my arms now.

No comments: