Saturday, September 24, 2011

Wednesday, March 11th, 2009

10:02p
punch in the face
Quick update, then I need to get to bed.

I hurt my arm last week, and rehurt it yesterday when I jumped out of a backspin to prevent a fall. It pretty much throbs non stop, and I'm in a lot of pain.

But our competition is REALLY close, so I figured I'd at least try to walk through programs. Eventually Brianna had the idea to switch me and Krista (temporarily) so I wouldn't NEED the arm, she's on the outside of most the program. Now I'm hoping Krista will let me KEEP her spot- I LOVE being on the outside of pinwheels, and it's so much easier to have to hold ONE tall girl, and not two (I'm the shortest on the team, perpetually between the tallest. really)

So, while we were doing the pinwheel, Krista's arm is on my shoulder, and mine is on her tricep, where it always is when I'm next to someone tall. See, I can't reach their shoulder. Krista was "helping" me pull up to her shoulder, but shrug/pulling her arm until my arm got there. Well it did eventually reach her shoulder, right when she punched me in the face, in the pinwheel. It was absolutely hysterical. Krista had never really given thought to the fact that my hand CAN'T be on her shoulder. If it is, her arms are going to be past my nose, just solely on length. More than once I've told her and Carolyn that they need to hold me where they hold everyone, and I will hold lower down. Guess they never really thought WHY that is. Krista told me she was just helping me out because she thought I was losing her, though after she punched me and we talked about why my hand is there she realized that even though I'm low I'm not slipping!

Sorry for the CAPS, but really. It was funny.

Time to ice, advil, and icy hot.

No comments: