Saturday, September 24, 2011

Wednesday, April 1st, 2009

12:54p Waltz jump-loop jump combo :)
Well, sort of...

Group lesson this week was all about the loop. Probably 15 minutes of loops,
10 minutes of waltz-loop, and then 5 minutes working on holding our landing
edges.

My loop, well, I don't know what to say. I jump off my heel and I land on my
heel. When I'm not in skates, I'm more likely to, but not alway, jump off
my toe, but I still land with my weight back on my heels. It's not a Jessi
skating problem, it's a Jessi problem. I did a few where I managed to keep
my leg crossed, but then I tap my toe down rather than moving to a landing
edge. Blah.

Then for the first time we did waltz jump-loop jump. This is what I figured
would keep me in Freeskate 4 for the rest of my life, but really- it's
nothing. The waltz jump just stays crossed (I kept thinking synchro
"hop-cross" since Courtenay doesn't like to be reminded she's doing a waltz
jump) and then you just ride the edge around. The other girl had a lot of
trouble with keeping the leg in front. That was no issue at all. The issue
for me was holding the edge and then some how jumping! I did some lovely
3-turns, LOL. But eventually I managed to jump quite a few of them. They
were loud clunky, not on the toe pick, jumps, but hey- they jumped.

I went home very proud of myself.

No comments: