Saturday, September 24, 2011

Friday, April 10th, 2009

11:07a
Did I update yet this week?
Let's see, I did post about my job. Sucks, but whatcha gonna do. If anyone
has any connections to company's looking for freelance math content writers
or editors, I'm looking :) (For a more permanent position, I'm using this
as an opportunity to attempt a career change I've wanted to do for a long
time. I'm applying to non-profits in positions similiar to volunteer
management or event coordination.)

Skating wise- attempted to skate Monday. I was way to distracted and it
didn't go well. I did some good back cross rolls though.

Tuesday- got to the rink with such a horrible headache that I begged someone
to take my classes for me, and skipped my own group lesson. Went home
instead.

Wednesday- excellent ice, excellent practice. I went through most of the
moves (no 8-step, because it's hard to find a spot on the ice during the
higher sessions, though I did practice the inside mohawks in my program and
that we do in syncrho), did a few jumps, did some good backspins (I've lost
the ability to do a great scratch spin though. i can't center anymore.) And
then Courtney and I did 15 minutes of loops. And I actually landed a few.
She said they were cheated a bit on the entry, but that she'll take that
over cheated on the landing. Unfortunately, I can't duplicate it, lol.

Synchro also went really well. I'm looking forward to the competition next
weekend, except the expense of 2 nights hotel. Between severance and
vacation, I techincally get paid until June, but for the long term I'm a
little worried. Surely something is going to come up, even if it's not my
dream job. Brianna had us slow down the footwork, and now I can do the
mohawks slow, but still not at speed. Can't even 2 foot turn well enough.
In the 60s program I'll do a two foot turn in the right direction and
(still) be behind the line, but the footwork is such that I can catch back
up. With Thriller, if I lose the line, I'm out, so i'll continue to turn
wrong there. I think the biggest problem is that with all the work Courtney
has done with me on mohawks, I really have to be on a true inside edge. The
synchro mohawks are so flat, that I just find it impossible. And honestly, I
think my two foot turns are worse than my mohawks, because at least I can
jump a little to help out the mohawk.

Went to my NP about my arm and now have to do 3x week PT. She thinks it's
ligament issues. Her poking at it made it much worse though, and it hurts
alot today.

No comments: