Monday, January 30, 2012

May 2010

-
-
2010-05-29 19:59:00
Alert the authorities
I skated (almost) pain free today! For 30 whole minutes! My warm up lap my left knee hurt, but once we got into the lesson, it was fine. No hip pain either (though nothing requiring great extension, so we'll see if that stays true) Worked on 8 step mohawk- totally evil, even doing a two foot turn on the bad side I can't keep up the speed. Also- the new pattern - well I think I like it better, one fewer bad mohawk! However, there is no good way to practice it. It takes up the who freaking ice. We were going to set it in the back of the rink, but Danilo had been working on toe jumps and the ice was just littered with holes. I have enough issues with this pattern, so he was spinning in the middle, and I told Courtney we'd make him move. He did one more spin as we started the pattern, and then moved to the back of the rink (the holey part I had just dismissed) and continued on there. I did feel really bad though because Andy was doing a lesson with Y. and they were just off centered from the 8-step pattern so that we weren't REALLY in each others way, but we had to watch that each other as she set up jumps. Andy moved her, and both Courtney and I yelled apologies. (This was while we were working on the bad side, when we switched the other way, I realized that the same thing would happen, but then I realized I could just do my entry steps into the other direction and stay where I was. Once we started the whole figure 8 pattern though, there is no way to not always be in someone's way. It takes up the whole ice.) After doing that we went to cross rolls. I felt like an out of control race car about to fly off an embankment. This might mean a) I've been off the ice for a bit too long and b) my blades need to be sharpened. Anyway, I ripped on the first one (yay me! I love that sound) but then nearly fell off an edge (holy crap deep) which freaked me out so I yelled, caught my toe pick on the next one, but kept going. I was all prepped to get yelled at for super crappy cross rolls, but Courtney said she thought they looked pretty good. I do airplane arms though, because I have a tendancy to hold them too high, and then tilt them with the edge. Oops. Then we worked on the end pattern mohawk. For crossrolls, it might actually happen- I don't need to be moving to fast. Wednesday I'm going to try to make it 35 minutes. I need the exercise. The mirror and scale have been telling me i've turned into a fat girl without realizing it. I do not look good right now.
public

No comments: