Monday, January 30, 2012

April 2010

-
-
2010-04-08 09:36:00
Haven't skated
I don't think I've skated since I last posted. Still no word on what's wrong with the hip - but the PT is trying to fix it. I got lots of stretches and exercises. She fixed my knees up okay- same problem as last time, just flared up when I ripped up the carpet, and now I have to get them to calm down. Skating hurts. I did teach LTS on tuesday and it was nice to be on the ice. So that helped me resolve not to just stop skating. But I'm going to be back to square 1 when I get back on the ice. I was already plateauing bad, and it's just going to be worse now, a dip instead of a flat. Got back into yoga, and want to make a commitment to that. At least until it starts to piss me off like skating has been lately.
public

-
2010-04-24 13:54:00
:(
I tried to skate this morning. I woke up without pain in my knees and only a bit in my hip. But skating, well it didn't go well. I think I only made 15 minutes. I wore my patellar tendon strap on my left leg, but couldn't find the one for my right- my left knee was pretty much pain free but my right knee would really hurt if I got a good push (and therefore deep kneebend.) My hip- well that hurt no matter what I do. The only thing that didn't hurt my hip was gliding. :( So what did I do? Not much, and what I did sucked. It's like I've gone back 3 years in time. I did some stroking, some really bad scratch spins (only like 8 revolutions and not centered), some horrible backspins (my leg is crossing in the back, not the front! I need to stop that habit!). I did some edges and some figure 8s, those were fine. I did a lap of the dutch waltz and my progressives are crud, and my stamina is even worse. I'm so out of shape now. Tried the Canasta Tango, but couldn't really fit it in around the people who were practicing their program (the same program, over and over...) I'm really frustrated. I want to be a good skater, but I don't want to be in pain. I have no altrnate form of exercise. Yoga is going okay, but it's too far away from my house for me to make it on weeknights- I'm just too pooped from work to drive all the way over, and I can't do class two days in a row, so that leaves one weekend day. I really like skating- but I suck at it, and it's painful. I don't know what to do. Back to ballet until I sprain my ankle repeatedly again? I don't think I could do the leotard/black tights thing anymore- I'm at least 10 lbs heavier than I was the last time I did a ballet class and that covers a lot less than a skating outfit!
public

No comments: