Saturday, March 3, 2012

Absolutely thrilled!



I skated SO well today.  Probably my best to be honest.


I came off the ice absolutely ecstatic.  I am READY for my test.  If I skate like this, I am pretty sure I have a pass.

I started my warm up with possibly the WORST scratch spin ever- barely two revolutions, falling over on the inside edge, huge loops traveling down the ice.  Embarrassing for sure.  I told myself "this is not the skater you are!" and got to work on everything else.  I ended the warm up with a great scratch spin.

So the actual program- yeah, my scratch spin isn't fantastic, and since it used to be, I'm a little annoyed, but my loop looks like I'm going for a loop, and was landed on one foot.  I didn't cheat the toe loop in the combo, my sit spin was decent, my backspin was decent, my toe loop wasn't cheated at all, and actually looks like a jump.   It was GREAT.

I did have competition, and I got 2nd.  But here's the thing- she's been bronze for a year, and has gone to adult nationals.  I think I spin better than she does, but she jumps much better than I do.  But my program was a test program, and hers a competition program.  Once the test is out of the way (please please please let me pass, skate gods) we'll add combos to it, my sit spin will become a sit-upright, my backspin a change foot.  I have so much else I can get out of this program, and yet, already- one of the judges put me in first!  Knowing this competition was a warm up for the real thing, the test tomorrow, seeing that first place ordinal was like getting a gold medal.  I couldn't believe it.


Sorry the lighting is bad in places- we have huge windows that back light, and Kevin told me I kept skating into the wrong light...


I am going into tomorrow thinking that I skated great today, I've had good run throughs, I can totally do this.  But I am going to cry if I only get one amazing skate per weekend and I used it up today.

1 comment:

George A said...

Best of luck with the test today!