Friday, March 23, 2012

Uh oh...

I just discovered a MAJOR barrier to Carson's idea that I not only test on April 28th, but also include a flip.

Well, I knew I was going on vacation- but I didn't really think about how much lesson time I'd lose.  I thought it was one Wed. lesson.  Nope- it's two. Plus two Saturday LTS and a Tuesday LTS.

So what remains? Well, there is this Saturday, and Saturday the 7th for LTS.
Then there is Tuesday LTS on the 3rd, 10th, and 24th.
Then Wednesday lessons on the 28th, 4th, and 25th.

AND THAT IS IT.   There is NO WAY I can get a flip in only 8 skates.  Even if I skate for an hour session after(or before) LTS, which I don't always do.

Turning forward to do the toe loop is already a challenge.  What the heck am I thinking?

I'll probably still sign up.  There is a show coming up I was going to do, and the test will only be a little more expensive than that (out of club fees), and it is essentially the same thing- a skate your program opportunity.   But OMG- I cannot go into this expecting much.


I did look up Freestyle ice in Austin (though that only helps the days we are in Austin- which since we are going on a cruise isn't many) and well, I don't know.  It's from 5 a.m. to 9 a.m. and costs TWENTY-THREE dollars!  The first day we are in Austin I imagine I'll be exhausted from driving, the second we are leaving early morning to go to Sea World. The third is the day we are back from our cruise, so the fourth day in Austin is really the only viable option.  Not looking good for practice.  The adult skates are more reasonably priced, but aren't available any day I'm there. 

I'm beginning to wonder if I'll even get one "pass" circled this time around.

No comments: