Thursday, February 2, 2012

Withdraw...

I got my refund for Iowa Games today.  The competition is on the 11th.  I bet I would have been fine to skate by then (maybe in a brace) but it is unlikely I'd be able to practice before then.  I will definitely skip my private lesson again next week, but am not sure if I should go back to groups (which are essentially private or semi-private).

Kevin says I shouldn't go to skating until I can tie my skates, but that might leave me off the ice for a LONG time.  My test is March 4- I NEED to practice.  Especially my backspin, which had gotten reliable and then failed me.

Overall, the wrist is much better.  I go all day at work on just 1 ibprofeun, and then take a Lortab at home.  Today I've started using my right index finger to type (slightly quicker than only left hand).  This morning, I put my own socks on.  I still can't do a lot though- turn the key in the car ignition, hold a pencil.  It's going to be awhile.  

I do have some upward bend now- maybe 5 degrees, and the downward bend might be up to 30 degrees!  The bruising has shown up- my wrist is pretty much entirely yellow.  Kevin tells me this means the bruises were deep since the red/purple bruises never appeared.  I'm kind of glad it bruised.  Everything I read about sprains was that moderate sprains would have a lot of brusing (a severe strain is a tear... I'd call this severe, but there is no tearing, I don't think).   No way this was a mild sprain- I've lost all function, but until yesterday, no bruise.


Oh, I take that back- I probably shouldn't type more than a few words with the right hand.  It kind of hurts now.  More like it feels tired...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So...all the conversations I've seen/had with you on other blogs and Twitter and I'm just now finding your blog?! Officially in my RSS feed. Sorry to hear about the injury. Ugh! Hope you're able to get back at it soon.