Tuesday, February 21, 2012

UGH

So pre-test suckitude is normal right?

Because man was I utter crap tonight. Probably the ONLY thing I did well was toe loops. And I made okay attempts at loops. But otherwise- dreck.

My scratch spin has gone crazy. I blame my brace almost entirely. I took it off for 3 spins, and one was a bit wild, but the others were much better. With it on, I travel half-way across Iowa. But I can't risk fall on my wrist, so I have to wear it when I skate. Still, scratch spins are the thing I'm good at so this pisses me off.

Sit spins during LTS were great, Carson said I was getting lower now, and they were fast and centered. But then during my own practice AWFUL- I was high and falling to the inside in giant loops. Not cool.

Back spins- I don't know what to say. They aren't pretty.

Waltz jump toe loop works fine if I'm warmed up, cheated if it is the first jump out of the gate. I need to do some pivots first.

Salchow was okay. Carson had me do a new exercise where I 3 turn, then pivot, but all the pivot weight is on the outside foot, the toe pick is just lightly in the ice. Apparently it mimics the weight of the take off.

Loops. Well, I don't have a loop. But the 3-turn, hop, 3-turn I'm doing is getting better.


I hate to be negative, but there is no way this test will be anything but a practice test. At least I get to skate my program. I mean, it only costs as much as the Christmas show :)

2 comments:

T. Sedai said...

Haha, I remember the day before I took my gold medal test in circle figures - I couldn't do a darned thing right. Even the easy paragraph double threes were wild. Forget about those darned brackets....

But then somehow I pulled it together on test day and skated pretty decently. Good luck with the test - and even if it doesn't go well, that is the best thing about tests - you can always take them again!

alexandraovery said...

I always find that just before a test or competition everything goes bad- I fall on three turns and silly things like that but on the day it usually works out! I'm sure you'll be fine- good luck :)