Friday, April 26, 2013

Skipping class.

I skipped ballet yesterday. I feel very guilty about this because ballet is pre-paid for.  But I don't enjoy it. The class is not what I was hoping for. So I kind of dread going. There are 3 more left, including one that is combined with kids classes. I don't want to go to those either, but I'm going to make myself.  It's paid for.

Anyhow- since I skipped ballet, I went to RPM (which is going to be my replacement once ballet is over). It went really well.  My physical therapist told me no standing on the bike, so I stayed seated during climbs, but my knee also didn't hurt nearly as badly as on Saturday (when it hurt during the climbs).  It hurt a teeny bit while on the bike, but I'm not sure if that was the bike set up, the class, or the fact that this was the end of the day and my knees always hurt.

 It was a really good class- I worked at higher gears than on Saturday (my first class ever). During the quick sprints, she wants us at 130 rpm, and I can only hit about 100- there just isn't enough time to make my legs get that fast, but at the sustained sprints, I hit 115, which I thought was decent.  At one point, I had my watts (which hover around 95-100) at a sustained 130 and hitting 150. That was a really good sprint (I love the sprints in the class, on a real bike, not so much).

Since I thought I was doing better to keep my RPMs and Watts high I was a little disappointed to see my averages after class were 75/78- but it is something to work to improve on (it also contains the super lows that we do in between sets, but still- the wattage especially should go up).

My only complaint- the bike that I was on, the seat was really tilted (that's not adjustable). I kept literally sliding off. Not feeling like I was tilted, but when we'd sit up, I'd slide.  That was super annoying.

I've also made the decision not to row seriously this year.  There is a punch card per row you can get and it is more expensive per row, but will allow me to just row Sunday (when Kevin can paddle). If I paid per month, I'd feel like I should go 2-3 times per week to make it 'worth it'. I really enjoy rowing, but with the gym already paid for, there are only so many days of the week to fit it all in!

No comments: