Sunday, April 14, 2013

It's been awhile.

So I had high hopes of a comeback, at least to Saturday skating. Sadly, I haven't been back to the rink in a long time. Without a lesson to get me there, 8:00 is really early on a Saturday! I've been going to the gym now, and go 4-5 times a week, plus ballet on Thursday.  I'm enjoying working out with my husband, skating was very solitary. (Though I do aerobics classes while he does spin on some days.)  I hurt my knee again, working out with a trainer.  It didn't hurt while I was doing things (I am assuming it was squats and running stairs) but it has been two weeks and I'm still waking up in pain from kicking the comforter on my bed, needless to say, I didn't even think about going skating this weekend.

Adult Nationals was this weekend.  For so long my goal was to pass the Bronze test and get there.  I am a little sad that I'm not there.  I decided not to go long before I stopped lessons- it was just way too much money between a flight, hotels, entry fees, etc.  Kevin and I could go on a vacation together for that amount (we really want to go on another cruise- but OMG airfare is insane! The cost of a 6 hour flight is more than an 8 day cruise!)  Reading about it on icenetwork was sad.  And seeing that Adam Rippon was wandering around there- that made me even sadder! 

Once the knee heals, I'm going to think about getting back on the ice.  However, with warm weather approaching, I think it is time to start rowing again.  So that might make even less time for ice!

No comments: