Sunday, April 8, 2012

Skater Stupid...

I never updated my lessons this week: not much happened. 

So I have a problem I call "Skater Stupid".  This shows itself in various ways.  The main one is having no idea my left from right,  or which foot or hand should do certain things.  I often wear two different color gloves so Carson can say "the pink hand" (it doesn't help that very rarely he says the CCW way, not the CW one.) 

The other:  I get told to do a flip or 1/2 flip, and it isn't until after I've put my toepick in I realize I'm doing a toe loop.  I came up with a solution. 
I crystaled the bottom of my lace on my left boot.  This is the foot I 3-turn on for the toe loop, and thus hold up in front of me before I turn.  If I see crystals, I know it is for the good jump- if I'm trying to do a flip, I need to switch feet!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just came over to your blog from skatingforums (I'm VAsk8ter) and am looking forward to reading more. Does your coach know you blog? I'd like to blog about my skating adventures but I suspect my coach would find it and then we'd spend half my lessons talking about what I blogged about.

And I can totally relate to this. Except usually it's a waltz or salchow and I realize after I've done the right 3-turn that I'm instead setting up for a scratch spin.