Thursday, July 21, 2011

Wednesday, November 12th, 2008


Time Event
6:00p
Just got back from a fantastic lesson. We did all silver moves except power pulls (no cross rolls and power pulls in the same lesson if I can't be broken- and synchro is at 9). Courtney skated behind me the entire time during fwd cross rolls yelling "rip, rip, rip" and you know what- I actually did! They sounded so purty! She also skated behind me on the LBI 3s yelling "don't put your foot down, don't" and I didn't. Do you think the judges would notice if she just skated behind me the whole time?

The whole test rates as mediocre (more than anything else- that left spiral!) but I can do everything on it- it just has to get good.

Then we did some loops which she told me are getting better. Funny, she said something about how I need to really hold my edge before I hop, and it just cracked me up. It's supposed to be a jump, and I'm hopping! (Which is so true, but humor me and say jump!)

Then before the zamboni came out I did 3 backspins and spun on all of them with a crossed leg, and managed to pull in on the last one. These aren't good yet, but at least I'm spinning fairly consistently.

Time to sew- then synchro.

No comments: