Saturday, March 2, 2013

Well that didn't last long...

I see why skater's don't bother announcing retirements any more- it is just too tempting to come back.

After barely skating at all in November or December, and none in January or February, I really missed skating.

So today, I went skating.

I have no coach, and I don't really want to do group lessons right now, but I'm thinking about trying to adapt my old program to compete in June.

Being back on the ice today went pretty well.  Jumps are tiny, spins went okay.  The biggest surprise was that I was able to do my three turns in both directions (I usually freak out CCW).  I tried about half the silver moves (no spirals or 8-step)- do you think they'd give me 45 minutes to finish the test? Because I skate slow...

But the best part: my sit spins totally look like I'm sitting!




Here's the combo spin I'm going to try to work on. We'll see if it makes it into the program. ( Is there a time limit to change feet, because man it takes me awhile!)


No comments: