Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sharpening

This is just an FYI for me.  I got my blades sharpened.
It had been quite awhile since I got them done, so I expect a bit of an adjustment period.

I didn't want to drive to Cedar Rapids to have them done, so I had Burton sharpen them for me. He's done a nice job in the past.

He said the right blade was off centered so he moved it (?!!!) for me.  Since I've been skating on these skates since June 2011 with the blades where they were, I'm a bit terrified of this.  I wish he would have asked me first.   I'm going to give them a try and see what I think before taking them to my regular sharpener and having her move them back, but it seems like if they were as bad as he said I would have noticed by now (he suggested I'd have a hard time holding outside edges.)  Maybe they will be a huge fix and I'll be able to mohawk or something better than before.  It isn't my landing leg, so at least that shouldn't be different.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my, I can't believe he moved your blade over! It took me a while to get one of my blades in the perfect spot. I hope you are able to get yours fixed soon! I have to drive 3 hours to get my skates sharpened. I don't trust the young employees at my rink to do a good job.

Jessim said...

This wasn't a rink employee- I wouldn't let them do it either! This was a coach- the good news is the actual sharpening was good.